LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Down 1.8 / Totalling 22.6 - YEA!!!!!

So yesterday I realized a few things:

1-The pants that I wear every weigh in (Wednesdays) are now much looser than they've been for years.  I will eventually have to switch up my weigh in pants because the ones I were now will be too big eventually - - HOW COOL IS THAT!!

2-That for some reason the number 22.6 really excites me.  What is it about that number?  I'm not sure - but I can say that I really happy about it.  Maybe because 25 is surely around the corner. Makes 30, then 35 and so forth not so far away!!

3-Combining WW (which is helping me physically) and The Lord's Table (which helping me mentally) is really the key to finally being rid of this ongoing issue I have with food and overeating. Ive gone thru a lot of different emotions this week. Ive been excited because thru the grace of God a week worth of complete control over food was accomplished. I've been angry and irritable because I realize just how much I idolize food and how much it consumes my every thought and life.  Ive felt amazement because I didn't die on the day I choose to drink 2 of my 3 meals.  I didn't think I could do it.  I didn't think I could go with breakfast and lunch with only drinking my food.  I did drink lots of V8 juice and WW shakes and soup.  It was HUGE for me.  I realized this process is not about losing weight - its about controlling the need for food to satisfy me (beyond my needs). This study is digging deep into some issues Ive had most of my life regarding food.  I'm felt thankful that some day - in the near future - food and overeating wont hold such a bondage over me.

I got on my knees this week - asking for forgiveness for my past attempts and failures regarding weight management.  I realized this week that in the past I was doing it for all the wrong reasons.  Specifically - self gratification. Look at me - Look what "I" did.   Then when I failed I hid alone and ate and ate and ate - trying to fulfill that emptiness of failure.  Many tears have fallen this week thru this journey.  But I can say a lot of those tears were joyful ones.  Joyful because (1) I feel better (2) I am continuing to lose weight (3) I am turning 180 degrees away from this addiction of food/overeating and facing GOD - confidently asking Him to release me of this desire to fulfill my needs with food.

All and all - this week was a good week!! I'm thankful, humbled and encouraged all at the same time.

Until next time... Blessings INDEED~~
Deb


3 comments:

  1. You're unbelievable. I'm so proud of you, and this seems like a study I should really look into for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck keep up the good work. Stay strong, stay focused.
    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie. You've done nothing wrong and everything that says "I am in tune with my truth". You are now wearing "weigh-in" pants that are too big. Hooray! I still look for the pants that might weigh the least. You select any number and you're there. You hit the 20s. Your discipline on your weight loss journey exemplifies a woman who is centered in her spirit and knows how to walk the walk. You have shared from your heart (not many people are courageous enough to do) and did it because you have found unbelievable. Every shake, V8 or soup you sip is indicative of an empowered woman/person that you are. You are not a failure in anyway. If anything, we could walk behind you or stand upon your shoulders as your strength leads/carries us all to that place where you are - "standing in your Faith, your Truth and your Beauty." It's something how we don't always see what others see in us. It's something else that we tend to remember our failures more clearly than our successes. If you believe that your past relationship with food was a failure, SO WHAT! Look at you now. It's not important where we've been, it's where we are going. I read somewhere and it is so you. "It's not the falling down that makes us strong; it's getting up and moving forward." You, my dear one, are obviously doing that everyday and sometimes in every breath you take. You are my inspiration and no doubt you inspire everyone who you call a friend. Bless you on your journey. You have proved that one can "stay the course" How fortunate that you are wise enough to find all the support available to you and accepted it graciously. You no doubt heard the Truth spoken with clarity and warmth and continue to celebrate all the good that's awaiting you. So keep crying those tears of joy. You worked hard and certainly deserve to express and release whatever way it shows up. Tears of joy are always a welcome event. Love you.

    ReplyDelete