LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, October 31, 2013

It's been awhile~~


Well here we go again!! I feel like sometimes I am a broken record saying this.  It's been exactly 4 months since I've blogged - and honestly I haven't blogged because I basically jumped ship on my weight loss journey. 

Thankfully, jumping ship didn't mean I eat house and home.  I just stopped concentrating on my freedom from this issue I have with food all together.  I got comfortable.  I lost 30 pounds and people were telling me I looked great - and I guess I just got to a place where comfort was easier than continuing on this journey. 

I have learned a few things tho along the way:

1.  I really feel free from the issue of food controlling me.  I haven't binged ate in a  long time.  And when I want to eat for the sake of eating I am making healthier choices.

2. I've missed walking.  I got into a nice routine and for some reason I just stopped.  I'm sure at the time there was a great excuse of why I needed to stop - but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Note to self: ask yourself BEFORE quitting if I will remember why in 30 days!!

So yesterday I weighed in in WW.  I told about 20 people the day before - because I knew I'd talk myself out of going - I was fearful of the results!! Those people I told I knew would hold me accountable and ask me if I actually went. So I went - and I was happy with the results.  Honestly it proved to me that what I said before is true - food doesn't control me as it did previously.  I did gain - but in 4 months I gained only 10lbs back of the 30 I lost.  I'm thankful I am back before I gained it all back, before the pain started to come back in my knees, hips, back (none of which have).  I went to a new meeting.  I'm not sure why, but I did.  So my new meeting time is Wednesday Mornings at 9:30am.  There was another lady who was brand new to the group yesterday - she seemed nice.  I hope she comes back next week!!

So this is my question of the day!! Why did I stop before?  I know what my end goal is, so why did comfort become my excuse.  What is stopping me from finishing this race?  I don't have an answer today - but I am hoping that I can finally figure it out.  I am in a new bible study - its called Breaking Free - by Beth Moore.  My goal with this study is to figure out what is holding me back from finishing this race!! I get started then I stop!! Why?!?!  Beth Moore spoke in a video of how captivity works that really stuck with me:

Whatever the issue is that is holding you captive is

   HARD - then gets HARDER - then gets EASIER - then its FINALLY UNDER YOUR FEET (FREEDOM).

I feel like I am in the "easier" (not easy.. easier) faze and honestly I want to get to the under my feet/FREEDOM part of this journey.  I just have to figure out what that looks like and how to get there. 

Here we go [Again]!! Onward to Freedom!!
Blessings INDEED,
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Don't forget to celebrate your return. Remember the story of the Prodigal Son. Upon return he was forgiven and the love was always there. Forgive yourself (life is a journey of ups and downs - celebrate the ups and forgive the downs) and decide to love yourself enough that you keep from feeling the aches and pains of carrying too much weight for your joints. Know your perfection as God knows your perfection and keep on attending the meetings (angels sent to support you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support and words of wisdom. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate them. You are absolutely right - and today I celebrate my return - not with food - but with praise!! I am thankful for the conviction to return. Thank you again... see you soon [next week].

      Delete