LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Confession~~

It's been a rough 2 weeks - hence why I haven't written.  I've been up for 2 weeks and I can come up with a million reasons "why"- that aren't my fault.  But if I'm honest I know exactly why I'm up - and its all my fault. 

I've gone back to my old eating habits - I see it / I eat it.  Even if I don't see it / I look for it and eat it.  For the first week I kept it a secret.  Didn't tell anyone I was secretly eating house and home again.  When I went to weigh in last week I actually prayed Id have a gain week - to stop me from this madness.  Well I had an up week and what did I do for the rest of the day - EAT!! I finally that evening confessed to my accountability partner - and that did slow me down a bit.  I told Justin the next morning - he had no idea.  His immediate response was "why"?  Am I stressed, angry, happy, sad?  Unfortunately I don't discriminate my emotions so any of the above could have been the reasons and I would have loved to say "yes" to any of them - but again if I'm being honest, I was in a good place - just wanted to eat and did.  Again, after I confessed to Justin I did continue to slow down with my eating - making better choices for sure.  But still gave in to my flesh more often that I should have and hence my 2nd week of an up week.  That along with absolutely no exercise I'm not surprised.

Although they were small ups - this week hit me a little harder - and my determination to stop this madness is overwhelming. Sooo... now that I've confessed to EVERYONE I know - I'm now ready to promise myself to change immediately and go forward TODAY with strength and will to get back on the right track.  No more ups for me - at least not because of my own doing.  I'm done.

So what am I promising myself TODAY:

1. I will get back to walking my mile (if not ore) after work : Today, Saturday, Monday, &  Tuesday. I'm putting it on my calendar with a reminder - no excuses.

2. I will track ALL my food again - starting today.

3. I will drink more water every day (3 of my bottles at my desk at work) and at least 2 more when I get home.

4.  I will use the tools I learned with the Lords Table and when I'm tempted to go into the kitchen to eat when I'm not hungry - I will open my bible, read a book, turn off the TV, go for a walk. Anything to walk away from this trigger.

5. I will get back in the Word on a daily basis.  I realized that since Ive been done with the Lords Table study Ive completely lacked on this... I will do this EVERY morning again.  

For those of you who are reading this - I'm asking you a favor - ask me how I'm doing with these promises I am making for this week.  I will be honest with you - I promise.  Which will only make me think twice before giving in to my temptation to eat house and home. 

Its a new day, a new week - and I am thankful for this new beginning.  Here we go!! Prayers welcomed!!

Blessed INDEED,
Debbie

1 comment: