LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Friday, April 5, 2013

Life Changing Week for me...


I can say this week was one of those life changing weeks that I will forever remember.  As most of you know my father passed away last Thursday (soon after I posted last weeks post).  It was sudden because he wasn't sick per se - but not totally unexpected due to his unhealthy lifestyle. I'm thankful he is no longer in pain - physically or mentally.  This gives me the ability to say good-by with a peaceful heart. 

I think the most interesting part about this week is that I didn't turn to food. I admit I didn't track my food - nor did I really pay attention to what I was eating.  I haven't done my study either in a few days.   BUT.. what I didn't do was go on an eating binge. I did eat a few bags of chips here and there - but that was really the extent of "over-eating" or eating not because I was hungry but to fill in a void of sadness. This is pretty huge for me.  I actually had no desire to turn to food. I'm sure some of this is because my dad was so unhealthy and battled his own desires with food as well.  His heart stopped because it couldn't handle his weight I'm sure.  Not to sound insensitive at all, but it was confirmation for me to continue on this journey.  I realize that I was heading down this road myself with how I treated my body with food. 

All that being said, I was fully expecting to gain a pound or two because I was completely off the program. Once again I was surprised when she said I lost 1.8lbs this week - totaling 27 lbs. 

So I decided something just as I am writing this blog today.  I am losing weight and finally going to overcome this addiction I have with food for a few reasons:
  1. To glorify God. I love serving Him and I know I can do so much more for His Kingdom if I am healthy.
 2.  To be healthy for me and my family - I want to see Sydney grow and have children herself and I want to grow old with Justin,
 3.  To honor my dad.  I wish he would have lost the weight and took better care of himself while he was alive - so I am going to do it for the both of us. I am determined to be pain free in my knees, hips and back that was due to my over-weight.  Pain free is something my Dad hasn't felt for years.  I will feel it for the both of us. 

I know my Dad is in heaven with his new body - dancing, running and completely pain free.  I am so thankful for this.  I too will feel this freedom one day - hopefully while I'm here on earth as I continue on this journey. 

Today I feel inspired by my Dad. 

Until next time, Blessings INDEED~~
Deb


3 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my biological father (whom I met when I was 25 and am grateful for the years spent getting to know him) this past summer. I'm sure you are grateful for your time with him and I'm so happy you are using his passing as an encouragement of your journey.
    Congratulations on your continued weight loss and I'm sending my love to you and your family during this time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journey is done. You know where you are going and why. We all come on this earth to give. You no doubt have received. Celebrate your open heart and sound wisdom knowing that we are all responsible for our health, our joy and our spiritual journey. Once again, I'm so proud to be able to share yours through your heartfelt writing and sharing. Congratulations on your weight loss and a greater congratulations for allowing yourself to handle your feelings without judgment.

    ReplyDelete