LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Achieved my 1st 5% Goal



January 31, 2013




Yesterdays weigh-in was minimal but a good one all the say.  I lost 0.8 of a pound.  I was hoping for a little more - because honestly I worked hard this past week.  But one of the things I have to remember is that every 4 weeks I have a minimal or no result or sometimes even negative result week.  As a woman - there is absolutely nothing I can do about it either!! BUT on the positive side of week 4 - I did achieve my 5% goal.  I was updating my next goal and was about to but some insane number down and decided to do what WW recommended - another 5% goal - which will total 10% weight loss when I reach it. In my meeting yesterday our leader mentioned to set realistic goals.  Like don't assume you will loose 2-4 lbs ever week.  Instead set a goal at losing 0.5 every week.  Then if you go above that number you can be happy - even celebrate a little.  I liked that.  0.5 seems pretty realistic - and a reachable weekly goal. I'm secretly hoping to loose more than that a week - but this way I can stay positive on a weekly basis. 

I'm still walking every day and really enjoying it.  Last night I was speaking at an event and someone came up to me and said my body is changing - that they could see a difference.  I hope I spoke as good as I felt after hearing that!!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment