LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Friday, January 25, 2013

Exercise has never been my friend ...

Well Ive been wearing this ActiveLink for almost 3 weeks now and I can say that I am WAY more active than I have been in years.  Making sure I reach my goal to see the lights all light up at the end of the day gives me complete excitement (I know I know - it really doesn't take much to make me happy).  I imagine when all the lights light up its people clapping and hooraying me... after putting that in writing i see just how crazy that sounds.  But hey - thats me!! Anyway.  I work full time so finding time to just walk was always my excuse of why I cant walk on a regular basis.  I work in a pretty big complex so I decided to walk around it once to see how long it was and it turned out to be a half a mile - and only took @10 minutes to accomplish.  So I decided to take my breaks walking - 2x a day - thats equals a mile every day!! There you go!! I even have my boss walking with me for the 2nd walk.  So the funny thing is today I was walking and thinking of how I can ramp-up my activity (I cant even believe "I" am thinking this way).  My office building is a two story building - both floors have bathrooms.  I work on the 1st floor and I thought starting next week I am going to walk upstairs to go the bathroom - EVERY TIME.  We'll see.  I also live in a 2 story place and thought I could do it there too.  It's baby steps - but the fact I'm even thinking about this is a HUGE accomplishment in itself.  Anyway.. just thought I'd share!!
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment