LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Funny Story....

So I've had an "off" week this past week so weigh in was sure to be "interesting" to say the least.  I was at a marriage conference all weekend - and tried to make good choices with the food that was available to eat.  Then went to a 50th wedding anniversary party that again I made good choices with what I ate.  But then I got sick.  My walking has literally stopped.  I have had minimal to no exercise in almost 5 days now.  I'm wiped out.  Then add some other "women issues" on top of all this I just figured it was my time for an "up" week in my weight loss. 

So I step on the scale and the clerk says "well, your up 0.4lbs - but she told me to take off my glasses that were on my head and my watch.  I was actually ok with the 0.4lb weight gain, but I did as I was told.  And sure enough - my weight remained the same as last week!! Can you just imagine how happy I was to hear that!!

So what did I learn this week??
(1) I did make good choices with my food.  This is probably the main reason why WW works for me.  Its not a diet.  Its a change in my eating habits.  I still eat all the yummy stuff every one else eats - just not as much.  And although some times I choose to say "no" to something yummy - its truly my choice.  I'm in total control.
(2) That yes my walking makes me feel good - its not the end all to my weight loss.  I am really looking forward to getting back to walking though - I miss the way my body feels when I'm done and the energy that comes with it.  And honestly, when I'm walking - I'm usually alone - and I really enjoy that alone time in my thoughts - usually just enjoying all the beauty around me and reminded of all the Blessings I truly am surrounded by.
(3) And finally, that my watch and sun-glasses weigh 0.4lbs.  AMAZING right??  I wonder what else I could take off when I weigh in?!?!?

Ive been home sick for the last few days - but hopeful to be up and getting back to some normalcy sooner than later. 

Until next time...
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment