LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT~~

Thursday, February 21, 2013

So there I was - waiting in line to get weighed in.  I so wanted to just say forget it and just go sit down to hear my weekly WW meeting.  It was my turn.  I took of my sweater - then my shoes - and anything else I think could help with that moment of truth. The lady who took my information asked how I was - my reply was "I'll be glad when this moment is over - I'm not looking forward to the results".  She asked me why I was so distraught over the outcome - I confessed Id eaten my way thru my birthday weekend - with drinks to add to it, and cake and and and.... Anyway, I said "whatever it is - it was my birthday present to me" - with sarcasm of course.

I couldn't believe my ears - I was down 1 lb. Totaling 18.8 lbs all together. I'm not sure how it happen but it did.. I have proof - its in my book - in the system.

I met with my WW leader after the meeting - inquiring of what my goal weight should be.  The number she told me was insane to me.  She immediately knew that my head was spinning with the number she gave me and I was immediately deflated - forgetting all about the success of this past week. She literally told me to "stop".  I'm letting this "number" get in my head. She asked me what I thought my ideal weight was and I immediately thought about when I got married.     I was the most healthiest at that moment and looked my best (as an adult).  I was hoping that would be close to my "ideal" weight - per my BMI. It isn't.  My WW Leader spoke to me in some great length - I could tell she was trying to stop my head from rolling - inflate me back up - not let this number be my downfall to success.  She told me that once I get to the weight I was at my wedding to go see my doctor.  To get a second opinion.  If my doctor says that is a good weight for me I could bring in a note from him and it could be my "goal" weight.  But I have to get a doctors note.  Anyway, I left the meeting - still in shock of this number she gave me.

I was talking to a friend about it when I got home and as I was telling her "the number" and what number I thought it should be (from when I got married). She agreed I looked my best at my wedding.  Then I  looked at a wedding picture of Justin and I.  Yes - I looked and felt the best I ever had as an adult.  But could I have stood to loose more?  After really looking at the picture - yes I could.  I wasn't thin - nor do I want to be - but I do want to be healthy. Just because I was thinner than I ever had been (as an adult) doesn't mean its a healthy weight. I still don't think the number my WW leader gave me was too low for me - but I do think I can be less than my wedding day weight! That's progress~~

Looks like I have a long way to go - but I'm going to do this!! Not sure how long it will take me - but "I'M" worth it all the same.

Until next time...
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Your progress is so fantastic. I say celebrate what you accomplished rewarding yourself with positive words. In that way you are building your confidence and stamina to continue your forward movement. We so often focus on our challenges rather than our successes. You deserve to shout it out to the world and as importantly or more importantly shout it out to "Debbie". You deserve it. Your friends and family support you all the way. It's most important that Debbie is at the head of the pack of supporters. Praising your successes and less focus on your challenge ahead will allow your goal to manifest before you know it. Remember to reward yourself for the great work you're doing everyday on your journey. I love following your path.

    ReplyDelete