LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Worried...BIG TIME!!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So today I weigh in for my weekly weigh in.  After a weekend of Birthday celebration and very minimal walking this past week I am afraid I have gained.  There is a huge part of me that just wants to not weigh-in at all this week - try again next week.  But I acknowledge that this is part of my problem.  When things get tough - I'm ready to bail out - make any excuses possible not to fulfill my obligation. I am going to do things different this time.  I'm not bailing because I'm convinced I'm going to have a bad week. I'm going to face my own consequences for my own actions.  It's tough growing up.

Another downfall this past week is that my heal on my right foot is hurting very bad.  Which is making it more difficult to get up and walk.  I was up to 3 miles a day, but now due to the pain my heal I'm lucking if I get 1 mile accomplished.  I did some research and it seems like I may have a spur or maybe a Plantar Fasciitis  (total self diagnoses based on my own research). I'm sure walking on concrete and asfault isn't helping.  The old me would just say forget it - just stop walking - not worth that pain.  I knew I was heading in that direction so I did some more research and found some walking/workout videos on line - that were free!! I found one that does 2 miles in 30 minutes and I can be at home - off concrete and in my living room.  I did the first half yesterday and my foot doesn't hurt.  Today I'm going to try the full 30 minutes and see how my foot handles that. This is HUGE progress for me.  I'm also hopeful I will be amping up my activity by "Just Dancing" with my dear friend Cherie - who is now a neighbor. 

So today I will go weigh in - with my tail between my legs - BUT will the mindset that last week has past and this is a brand new week.  Whatever I gained I will loose.  I will not beat myself up. One bad week is not the end of the line.  I CAN DO THIS!! I WILL DO THIS!!

I'll check back later with my results - Until then...
Deb


4 comments:

  1. Debbie, roll a tennis ball under your foot it helps ease the pain. Do this several times a day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I have some walking at home videos, and they really make you work out. I have one that is a 3 mile walk. And all of them involve your whole body, arms, torso, legs. When you are done with 3 miles, you can really tell. If you'd like to borrow them you're welcome to them!

    ReplyDelete